Saturday, February 11, 2012

Some Random Things

**Whoo hoo! We just paid off my husband's truck. Now, we both have vehicles that are totally paid for. Feels really good. On another note, I now want to buy a new vehicle. A brand new Chevy Tahoe to be exact. (I want to but I won't)

**Has anyone watched the new show Doomsday Preppers on the NatGeo Channel? It introduces us to various Americans who are going to extreme measures in order to prepare for some type of catastrophic, end-of-days type of event. While these folks are definitely extreme and maybe even seem a little kooky, it really does make me think about how unprepared I am for any type of disaster. Between this show and all of the young-adult dystopian novels that I read, I now have the strong urge to run out and stock up on beef jerky, bottled water, and toilet paper. And, I think I should really learn how to start fire with sticks. And, buy a big knife. Seriously, it's an entertaining show...check it out.

**I just finished reading Fracture by Megan Miranda. I cannot find the words to tell you how much I loved this book. I was hooked from the very first page, bawling on page eleven, and so engrossed in the story that I couldn't put the book down until I finished. It's about a teenage girl, Delaney, who falls into an icy lake and is underwater for eleven minutes before her best-friend, Decker, (cute boy-next-door) is able to pull her out. She dies but somehow wakes up and comes "out of it" at the hospital. And, even though her scans show brain damage, she seems perfectly normal. But, she soon realizes that things may not be so normal when she begins to sense death and is drawn to people right before they are about to die. Gripping story with a really unique paranormal plot. I loved it!

**Did any of you watch either of the new shows Smash or The River? Just wondering what you thought? I thought they were both okay - I wasn't blown away but I will keep watching. I'm super excited that The Walking Dead comes back on this Sunday. And, it's not too much longer before HBO's The Game of Thrones is back for Season 2 (April 1). Yay!

**Do you have any special plans for Valentine's Day? I will get some goodies for the kids but otherwise, it's just another day around here.

Well, that's about all of the randomness I've got right now...enjoy your weekend!






Photobucket

1 comments:

septembermom said...

Hi Kari, loving your randomness! The book sounds great. I'll check it out. And that doomsday show would be interesting to me too in a voyeuristic way. Now you have me thinking about how bad a candidate I would be on a show like Survivor. I could probably never even get a flicker if I rubbed sticks together for days. lol