Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Gifts That I Would Like To Give

Wouldn't it be great if money were no object and I could surprise some of my closest family and friends with special gifts? I think that would be one of the best parts of having a lot of money - the joy of helping and giving to others. Of course, don't get me wrong, I would certainly find many ways to enjoy the money myself (I'm thinking shopping sprees, exotic vacations, building a huge new house, etc). But, back to the giving part...here are a few gifts that I would love to be able to give:

1) To Anna, who has been my best friend since kindergarten - I would surprise her with a family trip to Florida to visit the beach and Disney World. She's a single mama to four kids and I know for a fact that they have never had the opportunity to take a vacation. Her children have never even seen the ocean. It would be so much fun to make that happen for them.

2) To my sister - I would give a brand new car. Some type of small to mid-size SUV with 4-wheel drive and all the bells and whistles. She is one of the most kind and giving people I know. She has certainly always spoiled my children and me, remembering us on every single birthday, holiday, or other special occasion. It would be wonderful to give her something extravagant.

3) To my friend, Jennifer - I would hire a full-time housekeeper and chef. She and her husband both work full-time plus stay super busy with extra-curricular activities for their three kids. Having someone to keep their house clean and organized, their laundry done, and their meals prepared each day would relieve a lot of stress for her and give her more free time to relax and enjoy herself.

4) To random strangers - how much fun would it be to surprise random strangers with random gifts...pay for the groceries of the person in front of you at the supermarket, hand someone some cash at the gas pump to fill up their vehicle, pick up the tab for the person behind you in the drive-thru line. These little surprises would surely brighten someone's day.

What about you? What gift would you like to give if money were no object?

0 comments: