Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Why My Washer Is The Most Important Appliance In My Home...

This month the folks at Sears asked their devoted bloggers, fans, and followers this question: "What's the most important appliance in your home. And, why?" Here's what I had to say about that...


I love my washer! Seriously, I don't think I could live without it. As a wife and mom to four kids, one of the things that occupies much of my time is keeping up with all of our laundry. So, a washer is the kind of appliance that I use on a daily basis. Washing clothes is one household chore that I don't mind doing. The repetitiveness of the task is calming. And, it's something I can do while also doing other things. It's all about multi-tasking for me.

Three of my children are boys - boys that play baseball and love to play outside. This means lots of dirty clothes and tough stains. My other child is a girl - a 14 year old girl who changes outfits every time her mood changes. I mean, she certainly wouldn't be seen at the mall or the football game in the same outfit she wore to school. My husband is a firefighter - you don't even want to know what kind of stinky clothes he brings home! Our family can definitely go through some laundry.

Last year, we found ourselves needing a new washer. It couldn't have come at a worse time, as our finances were pretty tight. My dad came through for us in such a big way by offering to buy us a new washer. We headed out to our local Sears showroom to check out their appliances. The selection was great - I felt like a kid in a candy store!

My washer is by far the most important appliance in my home. Often, it literally runs from sun-up till sun-down. I could manage without most of my other appliances, but certainly not my washer!


Disclosure:
This is a personal blog post written by me; all opinions are my own. I did not receive any compensation for this post.

1 comments:

Daniela said...

I only have one word..AMEN